Since 2005 we are a “State-approved institution of further education“. On a voluntary basis, institutions of further education can undergo a state recognition procedure that specifies minimum qualitative requirements. The title “State-recognised institution of further education“ according to the Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania Further Education Promotion Act” serves to protect participants and can also be used by further education institutions for advertising purposes. The basis for recognition is § 6 Paragraph 1 of the Continuing Education Promotion Act and the Continuing Education State Ordinance.
The conditions for recognition are:
- The body responsible for the institution commits itself in writing to the free democratic basic order (§ 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 2 of the Continuing Education Promotion Act).
- The institution complies with existing laws and carries out its activities on the basis of the value system defined by the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany.
- The institution can provide evidence of at least two years of activity in the field of further education and during this time it has provided services that justify recognition in terms of content and scope.
- The institution guarantees successful further training; this can only be accepted if the following conditions are met:
- (a) evidence of planned, continuous and permanent work,
- (b) the training courses must be suitably didactic and
- methodical concept,
- (c) the types of courses, their duration and the number of participants are such that the learning objectives sought can be achieved
- (d) adequate premises with appropriate equipment and teaching materials are available for the training courses,
- (e) each training course shall be conducted by a responsible course instructor
- The institution shall, in principle, make its courses accessible to all; participation in training measures for special target groups and in training measures leading to a qualification may be made subject to certain education-related participation requirements.
- The institution is managed by a full-time person who is professionally qualified according to his or her educational background and experience.
- The institution has a sufficient number of professionally and pedagogically qualified staff, ensures the continuous professional development of its employees and gives them the opportunity to participate in the planning and implementation of further training measures of the institution.
- The institution subjects itself to continuous evaluation through appropriate measures and works towards a constant improvement of the quality of its work.